Monday, December 06, 2004

I love NPR

lately i have questioned, what was my life like before NPR? ALOT of top 40!

today on NPR I heard two India-related stories. first was an interview with so-and-so Mehta who had just completed a book on Mumbai. he talked about the BJP, the RSS, Hindutva, and (not in a related manner) Bollywood. The 2nd story was an interview with an Irish(?) researcher who stayed in a brothel in Calcutta. She gave cameras to the kids and got them to take pics. you can see the pics here
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4205049

at first i was jealous to hear these stories-- why can't I be in India? Then i remembered a brothel is no fun, and neither is writing. I was angry bc I want to be working on something South Asia related. So, main objective of internship-search is to have it involve India. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

other notes, econ exam went well. again my belief that one should not interrupt daily rituals (sleeping, gym, bathing, etc) in order to devote more time to studying. papers, however, are a different issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home