Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Last Day!

Today is my last day of work. Banking report is much better than I anticipated! And then I just have another report, on mining equipment, to edit and I am done. Come on, 5 o'clock!

Karthik and I went to dinner last night at Masala Art, a restaurant in the Taj Palace Hotel. We had an interactive dining experience. Highlights: crabcakes (indian style), saffron parantha, morels, pista kulfi, anjeer halwa. And having the chef right in front of you cooking and you can tell him how you want it cooked and ask him questions, etc. It was pricey by Indian standards but well worth it by American.

I have to move out tonight of my luxury flat in Anand Niketan. My head hurts and I feel tired just thinking of going through the house and making sure I have packed everything. But Santosh will come and help me get the job done, except his presence, although well-meaning, may complicate matters because he won't be able to determined what stays (bath towels, dishes, etc.) and what goes (my towels, papers, etc.).

Tomorrow I am just coming in for lunch with my bosses and to say good-bye. Then the whirlwind to Vaishno Devi and back will begin. And THEN the madness that always happens before leaving-- multiple trips to Laxmi Nagar to shop, cramming as many dabbas of chyawanprash as possible into my suitcase, figuring out what indian clothes to bring home, what to leave here, last minute runs to the tailor etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home