Saturday, July 15, 2006

New Name and Should I get a PIO card?

I did it-- just in time for our 4th anniversary next week, I changed my name. I kept my old one, just added Guddu's last name onto the end. Now I can confuse people who are confused of my ethnicity before meeting me, the same way Holly does when people expect her to be some longhaired Sikh lady, but she's really a longhaired blond.

I also got a new driver's license. My new name looks ridiculously long on it. They retook my picture. I have figured out how to hide my weak jaw-line-- it helps to tilt the head forward and make your eyes real big. trust me, it works.

Now the question is-- should i get another visa for india? or should I get a PIO card? The PIO card is twice as much, but lasts five years longer and I can invest and study and work and own land etc in India. And I can still get protection from the US Embassy while in India... With the visa I get the protection, but I also can't be much more than a tourist. The PIO card scheme has not really taken off-- I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home