Wednesday, June 08, 2005

No Loitering

Well, Bhutty was instructed to pick me up at 5pm yesterday after work. At 4:30 I called Santosh and he told me Bhutty was already outside the American Center, waiting at the revolving restaurant next door. I have a view of the street from my window, so I looked to see if Santosh was correct, and sure enough I saw Bhutty-- but he was surrounded by 4 Delhi police and some embassy guards! I figured they probably picked him up for loitering. I asked my boss if I could leave a few minutes early, and she was cool with that. When I got off the elevator, two more guards AND the receptionist informed me saying there was a man outside claiming to know me. When I got outside and the police let Bhutty go, the guard actually apoligised saying that Bhutty looked suspicious, which is why he gave him a hard time.

Spent the night in Ghaziabad. Anand's parents were there, so there was quite a crowd and we ran the inverter out, so we had to sleep for a few hours without the fan running. This is why I need to live in Anand Niketan.

Work is going well. I got a tiffin and masala and will start bringing my lunch to solve my food issues (I've have been surviving on mangos, coffee, and veg patties from the street).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home