Monday, October 10, 2005

Aliquippa

Guddu and I went to visit my Dad this weekend in Aliquippa, PA. Aliquippa is a suburb of Pittsburgh and the hometown of Mike Ditka (who dated my Dad's cousin, fyi). Western Pennsylvania is known for its declining steel industry, distinct accent, and affinity for Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, etc. We had a good time and Guddu would like to move there because it reminds him of his childhood in Sikkim.

Here's some political news: I am confused about who to vote for for Governor. I agree with Tim Kaine on more issues, but I feel he plays dirty. But I suppose Jerry Kilgore plays dirty back, so he is no better. Right now I am leaning towards Kaine, even though he put his sign in my yard without my consent. kaine and Kilgore (who has a fondness for red bulls) debated last night on Channel 12. Larry Sabato from UVA moderated. Would someone PLEASE tell Sabato to just remove the toupee???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home