Thursday, September 29, 2005

God, please advise

I think I found a job in Richmond that I could take... See the above link. It is basically what I did over the summer, but on the Virginia side... I assumed we'd leave Richmond. The whole job search makes me nervous-- especially if I have to make a decision on whether or not to accept job A while still waiting to hear back from people at job B, etc.

Pros to living in richmond: family, stability, proximity to DC, Guddu gets to pursue his career, we can invest in a duplex, cheap living...

Cons: not DC or NY or Delhi, possibly locking myself out of National-level work FOREVER, constantly having that "sold out" feeling and wondering what could have happend...

but then again, richmond doesn't have to be forever... it takes 2 years to get hired by the Feds anyways, so it could be a good way to rack up work experience, or if VEDP ever wants to open up an office in India, I am so there!

In situations like these, I prefer to sit and wait and let God direct things (by denying my job offers, etc.). This line of action has worked well in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home