Sunday, April 02, 2006

10K: a decent performance

yesterday i ran with 21,000 others down Monument Ave and back for 6.2 miles. I finished with a decent time-- 54 minutes. Maybe next year I can get under 50 minutes.

I ran alone most of this race, except for the last mile. Around Mile 5, i was tired and heard someone yell "hey judson!" how many judsons are there? i thought maybe it was the judson i know, and sure enough-- it was tall red-headed judson. so judson and i ran the last mile or so together. having someone running with me really makes me push myself-- competition is the ultimate motivator.

i lost judson shortly after crossing the finish, though. i quickly exited the area becuase i felt like i had to pee, vomit, and collapse uncontrollably all at once. luckily none of that happened.

i did walk away with a free case of "Rock Star" and "Full Throttle" diet energy drinks. Unlike red bull, these did not make me shake, but i couldn't fall asleep until 2:30pm. we stayed up so late because we were watching one of the best hindi movies of 2005, bunty aur babli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home