Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friday Night Lights

Guddu went to his first high school football game last night. We saw my little brother, Henry, play. I don't know what position he plays, but he is not on special teams and he plays both offence and defence. Maybe he is a linebacker? He crouches at the line and blocks the other team (I think). I think he is just to the left of the boy who snaps the ball.

Highlights of the Game:

1. Krispy Kreme sales to benefit Hurricane Katrina victims. Score: Mom's friend=1, Granddad=2, me=1, Guddu=3.

2. All the young girls wearing skimpy skirts and tight tight tank tops. I really hate those pleated mini-skirts that the girls wear these days.

3. Henry made a tackle that was announced. but they mispronounced his name.

4. Parents yelling at the refs. Always fun. Alltime favorite heckle: Get those f*cking zebras off the field!

5. The marching band performing "oompah loompah" from willy wonka. the chubby flag girls in white overalls and black turtlenecks really looked like oompah loompahs!

6. oh yeah-- we won the game. a big moral boost for the cadets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home