Tuesday, February 22, 2005

is someone trying to dupe me?

ok, i know i have not posted in 2 months! doesn't feel that long ago. but a motivated person can accomplish alot in two months. needless to say, I am not talking about myself.

i just got this email (after regular business hours i should add) that kinda hurt! for fear of potential employers reading this, I will not use real names. background on email: very early-- before 8am-- i had a surprise interview from an agency where i had applied for a summer internship. i was on my mobile, in a basement, and very groggy. the phone interview got interrupted and i was not fresh, and it is surprising it did not feel like a total disaster.

back to the email. so the supervisor in that agency sent me an email today saying that he is not sure why i want to intern there. is he giving me a second chance to proclaim my lifelong desire for working on projects using cost-benefit analysis??? or is this a routine method he uses to weed out who is serious and who is not? is this ethical? i have not read about this line in any "job search" manual. maybe this is an innovative technique he himself has developed.

regardless, i plan to "wow" him with a carefully crafted email laced with my desire for economic impact analyis. and i am preparing for rejection as well.

p.s. i hate my computer. i really want a notebook. is the purchase justified?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home