Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let there be cable!

One would think that, with the increasing urbanization and gentrification of Delhi, Indians would be less willing to try to understand my Hindi. Here's an example: we called the cable guy to come to Anand Niketan. Two men showed up and in addition to setting up the cable, I got them to tune each channel and to tighten all the screws. We had a small discussion about our payment plan, as well. The cable guy knew a decent amount of English, but all of this happened in Hindi. Similar instances happen in shops-- both in Delhi and Indrapuram.

So now we have cable TV. Thank heavens-- otherwise I may never had know Michael Jackson is innocent!

Also, my teeth look really yellow. perhaps it is because of the massive amounts of Nescafe, Bru, and Chai that I drink. And my daily trips to Barista and Coffee Day do not help. I wouldn't need all of this caffeine if I could manage to get more sleep at night, but for some reason it is impossible for me to sleep before midnight. Not helping the siutation is that you can get a REALLY good latte here for less than a buck. I am spending a lot less money here than I expected because I am managing to get free rides to work and am cooking most meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home