Thursday, June 01, 2006

chocolate covered ant ice cream

This (picture it about 3/4 inch long, head to tail) was in my Healthy Choice Caramel Brownie ice cream. No more packaged foods for me-- or at least no ice cream for a while!

Healthy Choice will reimburse me with coupons, so I can buy more of their products. And Kroger gave me my money back.

I want to add that a similar incident happened to me in the early 1990s. A stinkbug fell in my ice cream and I bit into it, releasing its juices (which I thought was "black forest" flavour at first), and then causing me to obstain from ice cream for quite a long time (probably 2 weeks-- a long time for a pre-teen!).

This large, prehistoric-looking flying ant, I believe, did not fall in my ice cream. I think it was embedded in the air pocket surrounding an unusually large chunck of brownie mass and ice crystals. The extra-iciness caused me to slow down and study the ice cream, helping me to notice the fudge ripple that did not melt but was actually part of the wing of the ant. Normally I would've inhaled the ant along with the ice cream-- i shudder to think of its crunchy texture in my mouth...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pic! you need to take pics when such incidents occur. Always handy to carry a small digicam.

5:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home