Tuesday, June 13, 2006

speechless frozen like a deer


lucy and i took a late walk this evening. i was bummed about how screwed up people are, and she was making me feel better by telling me how screwed up others are-- her example was a bar fight where someone kicked the other so hard his leg was broken and he had to have surgery... this story, by the way, definitely helped me put things in perspective and remember how greatful i should be that no one kicked me or anyone i know so hard that we required surgery.

so, during this story, we're walking down the street and a naked man appears. we freeze, speechless, like deer in headlights. i then said to myself, "oh-- it's just a naked man." then i remembered naked men should not be on the street. he sheepishly called out "sorry! it's a $50 bet." oh...

so, we continue walking down the street. we get to the bar where the boy's leg was kicked-s0-hard-it-broke, and this girl tries to stop this dude from driving off by JUMPING ON THE CAR'S HOOD. lucy and i again freeze, speechless, like deer in headlights. dude calls out to the girl "don't ever do that again" or something to that effect, backs up, and speeds forward. AGAIN, girl tries to stop fast car with her body, and we see her fall and hear a loud crack. thinking it was her legs or skull being crushed, we stand speechless-- like deer in headlights. guy speeds off and we see girl laying in parking lot, trying to collect her broken wooden shoes. "uh-- it's ok" she says.

like mom says "god works in mysterious ways." he showed me that i have good friends who listen to my problems instead of kicking me to the hospital and i have a good husband who doesn't try to run me over when we have an argument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home